Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shopping in Sakae

9/25/2010
I woke up this morning at Candace's house, and we had no plans for the day. We got up really slowly, and when we went downstairs for breakfast, her host mom had put plastic covers over our plates, and had to heat it up before we could eat it.
We somehow decided really quickly that we wanted to go to Nagoya, and go shopping downtown in this district called Sakae. We texted Kiara and Sami to see if they wanted to go, but they didn't come. We left almost immediately.
When we first got there, we ate lunch at a pizza place in the shopping center underground with the station, it was pretty good. We left the station, and went shopping at a bunch of different department stores/malls. I don't even remember how many buildings we walked into...
We went to a Uniqlo; I had heard that they have cheap clothes. So we went into this building that said it had a Uniqlo on like the 5th floor, so we went in, and we got stuck on the fourth floor I think because it was a book store, and we wanted to look around. We spent a lot of time in the Uniqlo, and both Candace and I bought some clothes. I got a pair of pants, and she got some sweaters and stuff for fall, and some pants. haha.
The floor above the Uniqlo was a Daiso, which is sometimes a 100 yen store, but this one had stuff for like 300 yen also. The point is that stuff is cheap! But there was a lot of super cool stuff in this one that I hadn't seen before. It would be a perfect place for souvenirs!
There is a very large ferris wheel at one of the buildings, and we decided before we even left that we wanted to go on it. So we went to the building, and we went up to like the third floor, which was a music/movies/manga shop. We looked around there for a while, and then we went on the ferris wheel. It went up really really high! It was fantastic! I took a lot of pictures, and I have them on my facebook! Also, Heavy Rotation by AKB48 was playing the entire time, like I think it was on repeat. haha.
After that we were a little unsure of where we should go, so we went back to the underground shopping center, and continued our hunt for bags (we were both shopping for bags, but still haven't found what we wanted). We found this really cute shop! and we both bought stuff from there. I bought some hair bows for myself, and then some gifts for people.
After that we went back to Ichinomiya station. On our way home, we stopped at Honmachi, which is this covered street with a bunch of shops that is in between the station and our school, to look for bags. We still didn't find any, so we went home. We had a super delicious dinner! Inarizushi, eggplant, some other vegetable thing with some yummy sauce on it, and some soup. By the way, I basically love inarizushi now, I don't think I'll be able to live without it in the states, I crave it sometimes...
After dinner, we watched My Neighbor Totoro in Candace's room, because she hadn't seen it. So much love for that movie!!!! And then we texted Mizuki some more. Then I read most of what I needed to read for English out of A Streetcar Named Desire, and then went to sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment