Thursday, October 7, 2010

The SAT approaches

10/7/2010
okay, so I haven't blogged for a few days, which means that I might remember random things later on, and just throw them in here. But instead of trying to remember what has happened this week, I'll give you some highlights of yesterday, and then today.
Sooo, yesterday, Mr. Haldeman(my english teacher)'s friend came to talk to us. He is half Japanese, half American, and he made a documentary about people who grow up in two countries like he did. So we watched the documentary, it was called "Found in Translation" and it was really interesting! I really liked it! After we watched the movie, we asked him questions, and he asked us questions, and it was a good time. That was during our "Culture and society" class that we have for like 3 hours every wednesday.
That's all that I really remember about yesterday right now... sooo, onto today!
Welll, last night I was pretty overwhelmed with work. I'm taking the SAT on saturday, so I've been working really hard to study (especially for the writing section). My super nice English teacher has been helping me to prepare for the essay. Anyway, I didn't exactly finish all of my homework last night because I had so much, so this morning I got up and studied Kanji, and then later looked at my calculus textbook (didn't actually do any calculus, but I looked at it!)
In history we basically just talked about the articles we read for homework...
In English we discussed A Streetcar Named Desire for our test tomorrow....
During my free period today I got interviewed as part of my application to be on the Disciplinary Committee, not really sure how that went....
After my interview and throughout lunch, I did my Japanese homework, (then I found out that I was being tested over different kanji today than those which I had studied) and studied kanji. We went to the drug store for lunch today, so we could hurry back and work (well, that was my reasoning at least).
In calculus we had the whole period to work on the homework we didn't do. And I actually understood it, with a few exceptions, I was getting through the problems so fast!
Then in Japanese we took a kanji test, which I'm pretty sure I got a 100 on, unless I made some silly mistake. And our teacher said we would get presents if we got 100's, I'm excited! (lolz, I'm like a little kid). After the test I just studied by myself, and got through about half a chapter, it was a pretty productive day.
After school we had a meeting, where we discussed co-curricular activities, and people signed up for stuff. I was really disappointed, because I really wanted to do Kendo, but we were told today that after doing kendo for 2 or 3 months or something, the kendo places requires that we buy our own equipment, which is like 70,000-80,000 yen. So that's just not possible. I signed up for Aikido instead... :/
After that meeting, Mr. Haldeman came and asked me if I could do an SAT practice essay right then. So I did that, it was pretty miserable. After I finished my essay, he took it and said he would grade it over night, and I went to find my friends, who had mysteriously disappeared. I tried texting both Kiara and Sami, but no one replied. So I went to the big room, where everyone was watching A Street Car Named Desire, and sat down to watch it too. After watching it for a while, I got a call from Sami, it went like this: Me: "Hello," Sami: "I love you." Me: "You left me" Sami: "I love you! We just left, we didn't even think about it!" Yeeeah.... So I went to meet them at the station. We met in "the usual place" AKA this fast food restaurant called Lotteria. We really need to stop meeting there, I always end up eating french fries!
After hanging out there for a while, I went home. And since I got on a slightly later train today, my second train wasn't crowded, like at all! Yesterday I got on a slightly earlier train, and my second train wasn't crowded then either! I should stop taking the train that I usually take!
After getting home, my host dad and I ate dinner together. (my host mom is working today). We had vegetable gyoza, which was delicious!
Tomorrow is our first official Calligraphy lesson! We went out and bought our supplies the other day. I bought my brushes at this stationary store, and they were about 2,000 yen together. Then I bought everything else at the 100 yen store, and all of that was less than 1000 yen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment