Sunday, October 10, 2010

SAT day

Saturday 10/9/2010
I woke up at 6:30 this morning (usual wake up time) and had like 10 minutes to get ready, and 10 minutes to eat breakfast. My host dad decided to drive me to school because it was raining, and he didn't want me to be late for the SAT.
There were only 4 students taking the exam, and we had 2 test administrators. It was kind of funny when they had to say "remember that there are students testing in other rooms." Anyway, I think the test went okay, but you never know....
After the test, Suet-yee and I walked (with her bike) to the station, in the rain. It was raining pretty hard by the time we left... We got lunch on the 7th floor of the station. It wasn't very good... but we got dessert at another place on the 7th floor, and it was delicious! We had previously planned to go to the mall after the test, but because it was raining so hard, we thought that wouldn't be such a good idea. oct. 10th is Suet-yee's birthday, so we were going to celebrate by going to the mall, but she had been sick all week... After sitting in the station for a very long time, we decided to just go ahead and go to the mall.
We walked to the place where the shuttle picks up that takes people to the mall, and we waited there for half an hour. We thought that they came on the hour, so we were really confused as to why it wasn't there. So we went inside the hotel (the shuttle stop is outside a hotel) and asked the people at the front desk, they said that it comes on the half hour. so we apparently just missed the last one... We walked back to the station so that Suet-yee could use the bathroom, and then we came back to wait, and the bus was 15 minutes late, I think we probably spent most of our day standing there waiting for that stupid shuttle bus...
On the plus side, something amazing happened while we were waiting! There was a little place to go underground for some subway or bus or something, and we went into it b/c it had cover, and it was raining. So we were standing there waiting, and I started singing "ue o muite arukou" (aka sukiyaki) just because I was bored, and Suet-yee started sort of joining in (even though she was super annoyed at first), because she figured that sining it was more fun that listening to me badly sing it. So we were singing it together, and this guy came up out of the underground thing, and he was a nice looking old man who was picking up trash, and as he was coming up the stairs, he said "jouzu ne" (which is like "you're good at it") and then while he was up there, he started singing along with us, and continued to do so until he got back underground. That was basically the best thing that has ever happened to me.
SOO, when the shuttle finally came, we rode it to the kirio aeon mall. The first store we went to when we got there was Uniqlo. I didn't shop there, because I already decided I wouldn't spend money on clothes for a while. But it was fun shopping with Suet-yee. She was looking for a present for mr.HP (she's living with the HP's right now, and mr. HP's bday is also 10/10), so I suggested that she get him this really amazingly comfortable looking sweat suit (after saying that I wanted it for myself). She was not pleased with my suggestion... There were also female sweat suits... so that's what I'm getting Suet-yee for xmas, a female sweat suit, and she's getting me a male one! ;P
After Uniqlo, we went to a bunch of places... When we went to this one store, that I went to the last time I went to the mall, it had a lot of really cute stuff, I bought myself a new school bag (it's one like Japanese high school girls use, the dark blue ones, but mine has a little hello kitty on it! I loves it!), and an agenda. The two things I said I wanted to buy before I left, and they are the only two things I bought! woot!
After shopping around for a while, we went to do some purikura! (of course). It was so much fun!!! xD
After the purikura, I got a text from my host dad, saying that they were going out to eat (I was running late...) so I needed to get dinner before I went home. So we went to the food court to get some food. Suet-yee went and found me some vegetarian food, because she's super nice. haha. I had some noodles, and they were delicious!
When I came home, Miyu and Taiki were here. But I just took my bath, and went to my room to work on stuff (didn't actually get anything done).
So yeah, that's everything! (I probably left a lot out, but whatevs)

0 comments:

Post a Comment