Sunday, October 17, 2010

To Sakae with my host family

Monday 10/11/2010
We didn't have school today because it was national sports day.
I went to Sakae with my host parents and my host nephew. We went to Spaceship Aqua (see my facebook for pictures), it was really cool looking. Under Spaceship Aqua, the COP10 conference was going on, which is like this conference about environmentalism and stuff.
After that we went to the NHK building(NHK is a television network in Japan), because my host nephew loves model trains, and there is this model train room in the NHK building where kids can play with them. My host nephew spent forever in that room, after a while, my host mom and I went walking around a little more. We went to this room with a giant domo-kun doll, and these other things from NHK television shows. There was also a place where people could pretend to be newscasters, and watch themselves on tv as they did it (this reminded me of the children's museum!). After my host nephew was done playing with the trains, him and my host dad came and joined us in the other room. There was also a gift shop there with lots of cute stuff! but I was watching my budget... :'(
We also ate lunch in the NHK building, that was fun.
After that, we went to the TV tower. My host dad stayed behind because his back was hurting. my host mom, host nephew and I went up, and looked down at Sakae. I got a coffee, and my host nephew got a juice from a vending machine. It was really cool to see spaceship aqua from above also.
After that we returned home, and I don't remember anything else important happening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment