Saturday, December 11, 2010

Excuses and Blood

Explanation for my lack of blogging: I'm really sorry that I haven't been blogging at all recently... It is really difficult to blog every day because of all of my homework, and more recently because of my illness. After the Korea trip, I thought I would do a video blog about it, because I didn't want to write it all out, but before I got around to doing it, I lost my voice, and couldn't do it. My voice is mostly back to normal now, and I might still do a video blog of the Korea trip, if I can still remember what happened. And then there was that other trip that I promised blogs about forever ago, I honestly don't know if I'll ever get around to that, but I'll try, because I think it might be worth reading/hearing.

Today's doctor appointment: Today I went to the doctor for the third time in the last week and a half. I mostly feel fine, but my fever won't go down, so I keep having to go to the doctor so they can do more tests on me. Today's visit to the doctor was particularly miserable for two main reasons: We were there for 2 and a half hours, and I didn't go to the bathroom before we left. First we had to wait in the waiting room for about 10 minutes, then a nurse came and called us in so she could ask me questions and type them into her computer. Then we went back out into the waiting room, and waited for about an hour and a half, and then they called me in, and I waited in the hallway for another 15 minutes (sitting between two old people). Then the called me in to talk to the doctor, and he looked at my throat, felt my lymph nodes, looked in my ears, and took a swab of my throat to check for some virus. He then said he wanted to take my blood, so he sent me back over to the nurses. The nurse had a hard time finding my veins, she made me do gu pa a lot (like rock and paper in rock paper scissors). I am sure that the needle they used is much bigger than the ones used on me in America, and my arm is still sore. After that, they had me sit in a bed, putting pressure on my arm, and closed a curtain around me. I was really confused. They told me to sit there for 15 minutes while they waited for the results of the throat swab test. But I didn't know why they made me sit there, and not in the waiting room, or why I was alone on a bed, with a curtain that barely made room for my legs between it and the bed. And not 5 feet away were the nurses asking other patients questions, and typing their answers into the computer. Anyway, after those confusing 15 minutes were over, I went back to the doctor, he said that I tested negative for that virus, and he told me to come back monday for my blood test results. And then my host mom told me that I would have to miss school on monday too. After that, we went to the pharmacy next door to pick up my new medicine, and then we went home for lunch. (We left right after breakfast)

0 comments:

Post a Comment