Sunday, October 17, 2010

First day of Aikido... sort of

Friday 10/15/2010
blah blah blah, stuff happened at school (it's getting late, and I still have to blog about the weekend... ugh...)
anyways, after school today, I had calligraphy, and we wrote the same thing as last time again, and again, and again. idk if I'm getting any better at it, but I'm glad we aren't speeding ahead...
After that, I went with Kiara to try to price things for the halloween party, but that was a total fail, we didn't find anything we were looking for.
We went back, and Kodi and I went to get something to eat before Aikido. There was nobody at the school except for the teachers, who were all in a meeting, and the cleaning lady. It was kind of dark... when we came back with our food from the drug store, we sat on the stairs in the dark to eat.
After that we walked to Aikido, and just watched today. it was interesting, and there was one guy in particular that was really entertaining to watch. This guy's name was Masa, and the instructor used him whenever he needed to demonstrate anything, which basically meant that this guy got really beat up. And he made some great facial expressions and sounds of despair. Every once in a while, the instructor would stop and be like: umm are you okay? and he would be like: yeah, I'm fine, I just hit my head. and then everyone would laugh, it was great.
After class was over, Masa came and introduced himself to us. He was very nice and very friendly. (He's probably like... in his late 20's btw). And he helped us to figure out when we would start and everything. His English was pretty good, but he had trouble saying some things, so I kept trying to tell him that Japanese was fine, but he would still try to use English when he could.
Yeah, I got home really late tonight, but my host parents knew that would be happening ahead of time, so it was cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment