Sunday, October 17, 2010

Nagoya Matsuri

Saturday 10/16/2010
I went to Nagoya station at about 11:15 this morning, and had to wait there for about 30 minutes because my friends are not punctual! After wandering around looking for a starbucks in vain, I decided to just buy a carton of coffee at a bellmart. I then stood at the golden clock (our meeting place) and finished the carton of coffee, and stood there with an empty carton of coffee for like 10 minutes.
Anyway, when my friends showed up, we went up to the 8th floor of the station (I think) to do some price shopping for halloween stuff for the halloween party. We found a lot of good stuff!
After that, we went to the twelfth floor of the station for lunch, and ate at an Indian restaurant. I had some very delicious curry! I really like that restaurant! and it wasn't that expensive!
After lunch, we went to the Nagoya festival. We saw a bunch of cool stuff, including people dressed as samurai, and a guy who brought his pet owl on a leash. Yeah, we saw lots of festival stuff, and it was fun... I bought a purse for 700 yen, because it was 700 yen... We got some awesome cardboard hats. Candace, Lizzie and I bought one of those ice things together, it was good. Suet-yee got a candied apple, it looked good. We went up to a bridge for no real reason, and took jumping pictures. It was a good day, and I'm too tired to do it justice, but I promise, it was fun. Oh, also, this morning, my host mom told me that if I wasn't home before 7:00, then I wouldn't get dinner. So I came home at around 5:00, and my host dad was like "why are you home so early? You must have really wanted dinner." haha.
After dinner, I went upstairs to pack for my trip to Ise, Kyoto and Nara this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment