Thursday, October 28, 2010

Here and there

So, as you may know, I went on a trip last week, and I have been meaning to blog about it since I came back, but I have been way too busy. I told myself that I wouldn't blog about anything else until I blogged about the trip, but some cool stuff has happened, so I'm going to talk about it a little.
Yesterday we went to the deaf school nearby, and half of us went to the middle school, the other half to the high school. I went to the middle school, and the kids taught us two games, and then we taught them two games. It was so much fun, and the kids were so adorable! But they were all guys, and were a little scared of approaching me.
It has gotten really cold recently! And another typhoon is supposed to come on saturday or sunday, so it has been raining. So my host mom replaced my covers with thicker ones, and put an electric heater in my room that I haven't used yet.
Today on my way home, I took the train with Alex, and we saw two girls from Ichinomiya high school get on our train, and then realized that they were the two girls that came to our area to talk to us during the sports day! We looked at each other, and gave a series of head nods, but didn't continue any sort of conversation. I got off at sukaguchi, and so did one of the girls, the one that stayed on the train said bye to me, and the one that got off asked me where I was going. She told me that we were riding the same train, and that her stop was the one after mine! So we rode the train together, and sat awkwardly next to each other, saying very little. It was really awkward because we were both having trouble coming up with things to say. Also, I think both of us wanted practice in the other language, so she kept talking to me in English, and I kept responding in Japanese. That is probably why the conversation was so difficult and awkward.
When I got home, I ate dinner by myself, so I was watching TV, and the whole time I was eating dinner, the program was about current American politics. It was really annoying when they would talk over the speakers in Japanese, because it was really hard to hear the English. It was so weird having to translate back into English when it was originally in English, and there was quiet English being spoken in the background. Also, it was basically all about the tea party vs. obama. It basically made America look crazy, which is understandable, but still upsetting.
That's all for now. We have been staying after school for forever everyday this week to work on stuff for the halloween party, so after the halloween party (on saturday) maybe I'll be able to blog about my trip. The point is that I'll get to it eventually. Look forward to it! It was a great trip! (^-^)

0 comments:

Post a Comment