Saturday, November 6, 2010

SAT 2 day

Yesterday I had my first real Aikido lesson. Two of the people taught us while everyone else did stuff with the real teacher. Everyone was really nice and really helpful. We did the warm-ups with everyone else, and the lady I just happened to be standing next to (even though she was a white belt) taught me how to do everything for the warm-ups. She was so nice. And that guy named Masa was one of the ones teaching us again. We already learned a lot of stuff, including ukemi, which is basically falling down and not getting hurt.
Today was the day for me to take some SAT subject tests, so I had to wake up this morning at 6:00. My host dad made me breakfast, and after I was done eating he brought this little anpan man magna doodle and started quizzing me on kanji. I got a little frustrated with myself a few times, because some of them were kanji I knew, but I couldn't read his handwriting, but I got most of them right anyways. Of course he started with mountain (山) and he also did river (川). But he did some harder ones too, like glasses (眼鏡). Anyway, that was fun. And after that he took me to Osato station, where I waited in the cold for my train. When I got to the station, I put on my gloves* and rode my bike to school, but I got to school at 7:20, which is 25 minutes earlier than we were supposed to. So there was no one there, and I had to wait outside for a bit. There were only 5 people testing today, and 4 of them were taking the SAT reasoning test, so I was in a testing room by myself, and took breaks by myself too.
After the test, Candace met me at the school, and we went to the station together where we were supposed to meet Kiara. But Kiara is always late, so we had to do some shopping and stuff while we waited for her. When she got there, we went to the seventh floor of the station and ate pizza for lunch. After that, we took a train to get back to my house. There was confusion between my host dad and me about which station we were going to, so we ended up having to wait a while, but it was cool. And after my host dad got us, he took us to a candy store where all of the candy was mega cheap, and told us to each get 500 yen worth of candy, and he would pay for it. We were all still full from lunch, and we were also a little shy to spend his money. But he kept telling us not to hold back, and he would like throw candy into our baskets, so we ended up getting a good amount of candy. Although, the total was somewhere around 800 yen for all three of us, so he was like "why is it this cheap? you are too cheap!" (I translated it, that's why it sounds awkward).
Anyway, then we came to my house, and I gave them a tour. Kiara thought it was big**, especially since suet-yee had told her that it was small. And they had fun playing with my cat and dog. Then we chilled in my room, and my host dad brought us yummy coffee, and persimmons. And then we got out our math homework, and we started reading a chapter, and then got distracted, and pretty much just did other stuff for 3 hours until they had to go home. We actually had a lot of fun with the candy we bought, because we didn't know what a lot of it was, so we would like all try one at the same time, and then laugh at each other's faces. It was kind of like playing with bertie botts, it was so much fun!

*On friday (I think) when I got on my train in the morning, my hands were freezing cold after waiting outside, and by the time I got to Ichinomiya station they still hadn't warmed up, and I still had to ride my bike to school in the cold. So, being the quick thinker that I am (lolz), I went out the meitetsu exit that goes through the daiso (100 yen store), and bought some gloves. On the down side, they're pink and fuzzy, and looked pretty tacky (I picked them super fast, and I am just naturally drawn to pink). But hey, my hands didn't fall off, I'm happy.

**I was thinking of making a video tour of my house soon, if I can find a way to do it without it being mega awkward...

0 comments:

Post a Comment