Sunday, October 17, 2010

Inarizushi day

Sunday 10/17/2010
WOOT! I GOT TO TODAY!!! THAT MEANS I CAN SLEEP SOON!
okay, soooo, I slept in this morning (aka I woke up at like 9:00). And I got up very slowly. At around 11:00 my host mom asked me to go to the super market with her so I could get snacks for my trip. She told me that her and my host dad were worried about me finding food I can eat on the trip. She told me that if there isn't any vegetarian food, then I should let my friends eat my food, and then go to a convenience store later. haha. They're so sweet.
After we got back from the grocery store, i went back upstairs to pack some more, and then we ate lunch. I had some inarizushi and vegetable tempura (two of my favorite foods).
After lunch, my host dad drove me to the train station so I could go to Nagoya to go shopping with Suet-yee.
I got there early, and of course Suet-yee was also a little late, so I went and found an actual coffee shop this time, and bought some yummy coffee!
After we met up, we went to the underground shopping center at the station to look for some cheap fancy shoes for Suet-yee to wear to Ise shrine. We found this store that had some really cute clothes! and she found some cute shoes for only 1400 yen! and then I saw some pants that were only 990 yen there! I was planning on buying pants at uniqlo, but the pants at uniqlo are 1990 yen! and the cheaper pants fit me, so I bought them!
After that, we decided to walk to aeon town, and we went to the dollar store, where I bought two more cell phone charms, and some notebook paper, a late bday present for suet-yee, and a present for emily. Then we went to the cheap shoe store there. I found some men's shoes that I really want (women's shoes just don't fit me here), but they were kinda expensive, so maybe I'll get them some time when I have enough money/nothing else to spend money on.
When we went back to the station, we went to a conveyor belt sushi restaurant because suet-yee really wanted to go. I ate two plates of inarizushi... after that, we went to a nice little cafe place for dessert. I had.. I don't remember what it was called, but I'll put a picture of it on facebook. it was chestnut flavored, and delicious! Suet-yee had cheesecake, and we both got coffee. It was so good!
After that I returned home. My phone, however, died on my way home... I usually text my host parents when I get to sukaguchi station, so that they know when to pick me up. So when I got to kida station, I looked around for a public phone, but didn't see one. I went walking on my route home, and stopped at a family mart to see if there was a public phone there, and there was. I had a little trouble using my phone card, because it had been a while, but I figured it out, and called my host mom. She said she would leave to pick me up right then, but I told her I could just walk home, so I did. It was a pretty nice walk.
When I got home, my host dad told me that my host mom told him how well I spoke on the phone with her. He told me that they had been a little worried about me because I don't speak much, and they thought that I didn't understand what they said and stuff. (obviously this is because everything is in Japanese). But he said that now he doesn't have to worry about me as much, because I have been talking to them more, and they know that I understand them, and especially after the phone call. I was really glad that he said this, because I had been making a very conscious effort to talk more and be more outgoing with them. Fukutomi sensei told me that my host parents would really like it if I talked more, and Mizutani sensei told my host mom that my writing skills in Japanese are good, but that my speaking skills are "tarinai" (insufficient), and my host mom told me that I need to talk more in order to get better. So I'm really glad that my effort has been noticed!
After that, my host parents gave me a cute little winnie the pooh envelope, and asked me to open it. Inside was 5,000 yen that they told me to spend on my trip. I didn't even know what to say! My host mom then took some time to explain to me what she wanted me to bring back to her (yatsuhashi). But she kept saying how cheap it was, and how I could just get her the smallest box. I'm definitely getting her like the biggest box they have.
After that, I went upstairs to finish packing. I have to wake up pretty early tomorrow (5:00 am), so I should really get to sleep! I'll be gone until friday, and I don't think I'll have any internet the whole time, but I'll type up blog entries, and post them later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i don't know why reading this stuff makes me cry but it does! I'm so happy for you Annie. I miss you more than the desert misses the rain.

ily ily ily!
-Gabrielle

annie.w said...

aww, I love you too

Post a Comment